Starting to redecorate the ugly guest bedroom

I always try to do some sort of home decorating project when my husband goes fishing for a long weekend with his buddies.  Last week, I bought a new duvet and a new duvet cover from Serena and Lily.  It is a combination of corals and blues and I am looking forward to matching other pillows, trim, paint, etc.



Love the palette because it is bright but calming at the same time.  It isn't too bright or overwhelming.  I do not think I am going to paint the walls in this coral color but probably a shade of blue of some kind.

I plan to go to Calico Corners today to search for some other colors and prints that will compliment this comforter.  I do not have a swatch so I took a photo with my phone.  I can hold up the photo to some of the potential fabrics while i am shopping.  I don't want to make a mistake and order pillows or trim that don't match.  

I am not going for a completely "matching" room here.  I want to mix patterns and colors so I am going to purposely look for other patterns and shades of coral and blue.  I am going to keep within the shades of white, blue and coral though.

1 comments:

Post a Comment